OTB Response to Defra consultation - Health and Harmony
The Organic Trade Board has responded to Defra's consultation on The Future for Food, Farming and the Environment in a Green Brexit.
The trade body, representing over 75% of the organic sector in the UK, has urged Defra to formally recognise organic farming systems, as a means of delivering public goods and to recognise that organic farming and organic food consumption will play an important role in the health and wellbeing of UK citizens.
Stating that Organic offers a business opportunity for organic producers, with the supply chain within the UK as well as with exporting opportunities, the board has called on Government to be a strong partner with Organic.
You can read our response here.
- OTB response to Defra's Health and Harmony consultation
- How will you Wake up to Organic on 13 June?
- Government urged to commit to expanding organic food and farming to ensure a Green Brexit
- Going for Growth, Annual Briefing, 2018, 7 March
- Chairman's 2017 Annual Review