Organic Trade Board statement on ASA ruling
Wednesday 7 June, 2017
Adrian Blackshaw, Chairman of the Organic Trade Board (OTB):
The OTB is very disappointed with a recent ruling from the ASA that an advertising statement “Good for the land” could not be used on an advert for organic millk.
Despite the ruling, the OTB is confident in the many benefits that organic farming brings to its consumers, the environment and the long-term future of food, health and agriculture. These are underpinned by the basic principles of organic farming and supported by legislation.
The OTB would welcome the opportunity to discuss the decision with the ASA and to present the scientific evidence showing the environmental benefits of organic farming and other features that we need to communicate to an increasingly interested public.
- Government urged to commit to expanding organic food and farming to ensure a Green Brexit
- Going for Growth, Annual Briefing, 2018, 7 March
- Chairman's 2017 Annual Review
- New members: Largo Foods, Source Atlantique, Da Mhile and E Price & Sons
- Biodynamic Association, FoodYoung and Luscious Ice Cream join the OTB